If this is your first time visiting Willow Tree Acupuncture & Wellness here are a few instructions and what you can expect from your first acupuncture treatment.
- Eat something with in 2 hours of your treatment.
- You should arrive 10 minutes early for your first treatment to fill out forms.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes or bring a pair of shorts to change into, otherwise gowns are provided.
- The initial appointment could last up to 90 minutes with follow up treatments lasting 45 min to one hour.
- Part of the initial treatment includes a tongue and pulse diagnosis, blood pressure, and health history intake.
- Avoid heavy physical work, strenous activity including sex, alcohol, or caffeine for 4 hours after your treatment. Acupuncture can be draining to some patients so having a self nourishing day post treatment is recommended for the best outcome.
- Feeling rested, relaxed, and refreshed after your acupuncture treatment is expected but, some patients may experience slight tiredness or dizziness. Take your time, eat good nourishing food, and drink plenty of fluids.
Get the most out of your sessions
The positive effects of acupuncture begin at your first visit and are sometimes temporary, with initial improvements lasting hours to a few days. As you advance through a course of acupuncture therapy, the amount of symptom relief and increased wellness following each session will become more noticeable. Eventually, with the process of healing the changes become more permanent. With this medicine, as with other healing modualities, time and frequency are important. Being committed and consistent with the recommended treatments help to build momentum and retain the healing from each visit.